There are two ways to upload videos of shooting drills:
- Upload videos to the Swish Hoop™ website from a computer or laptop
- Upload videos directly from a phone
In either case, the person who logs into the app to upload the videos must be the same person who was logged into the Swish Hoop Player app on the mobile device when the shots were recorded. Locate the video you would like to upload
FROM A COMPUTER: Import your videos onto your computer and save them in their own folder (the upload may be faster and smoother as compared to doing the upload from a phone). Open your web browser.
FROM A PHONE: Videos should be stored on the phone. Open the web browser on your phone
- Go onto the web app, app.swishhoop.com, and login.
- In the top right, choose the “Upload Video” button.
- The most recent drills will be listed. Find the FIRST drill for which you were recording video and choose “Upload”
- Open that folder or photos you saved your videos in, and select or drag the video for that drill into the “Choose Video” box.
- The video will now pop up in the box to the left, click “Play”.
- Pause the video when the first shot in the drill hits the rim or the backboard. Try to do this at the precise time the first impact occurs.
- Click “Start Upload”. This will synchronize the timing of this and all future shots across all players and drills to the video.
- Repeat this process for each video that you recorded during your workout
When you upload your video for that drill, the app will know that you did the workout with your friend because you recorded their stats as well. So, the video software will automatically break down the video for your friend’s workouts, too.
Except in the case where you are using the same phone to run the App and capture the video (where you will have to start and stop for each drill - see below), the system is smart enough to break down shots across several consecutive drills and players from a single video recording.
You can still use the Swish Hoop™ app and your phone camera at the same time, but it is a little more difficult to do this because you have to start and stop the video for each drill. Once you are ready to start the drill you want to record, click start on the drill. Then, back out of the app and access your camera. Click the video record button and perform your drill. When the drill is over, go to your phone and stop video recording. You can then access the Swish Hoop app for whatever you planned on doing next.
You can record your workout from anywhere as long as the camera can see you, the ball and the hoop. Put your phone on the tripod using the cell phone holder and put it in the gym at whatever angle you want to see your shooting from. Leave the scoreboard on the baseline so that you can still see your real-time stats, but put the camera anywhere you want.
You can learn a lot more about your form than you may think if you see it from multiple angles. From straight on, you can tell if your elbow is out, your feet are square to the rim or your follow through is in a straight line. But, you may not necessarily be able to see things that you could from say - the sideline of the court. Maybe your follow through doesn’t fully extend to the hoop, you’re not getting close to that optimal 45 degree arc on your shot or you’re fading away on a step back jumper. Watch your shot from all angles. You may see ways to improve your form before your next workout.